Centre County is now under a drought watch.
Please conserve water use by at least 5%. Below are some voluntary conservation measures.
- Elimate non-commercial automobile and truck washing
- Elimate washing of streets, driveways, parking lots and sidewalks
- Locate and repair all leaks in faucets, toilets and water using appliances
- Reduce the number of toilet flushes per day and reduce water used per flush by installing toilet tank displacement inserts in conventional commodes
- Take shorter showers and shallower baths or install water saving devices
- Keep bottles of chilled drinking water in the refrigerator
- Eliminate the serving of water in restaurants, clubs or other eating places unless specifically requested by the individual
- Posting conservation notices in commercials establishments, including apartment complexes
- Keep a high level of public awareness of water conservation and the possibility of imposition of Manadatory Conservation Measures/Water Restrictions
DEP Drought Information- find more drought information and a Pennsylvania map showing the most current drought status.