Wellhead Protection Area Management and Commitment
- Creation of groundwater contaminant survey forms for local industries that may exist within delineated Wellhead Protection Areas.
- Purchase of 24 acres immediately surrounding the Alexander Wellfield to provide a buffer around the wells from planned commercial development.
- Proactive quarterly groundwater monitoring of SCBWA test wells in the Ashcraft Wellfield and Buffalo Run to determine if the I-99 acid-rock drainage had impacted the Gatesburg Formation.
- Continued voluntary groundwater level monitoring of private wells in proximity to SCBWA wellfields to ensure no dewatering impacts occur to private wells from SCBWA groundwater withdrawals.
- Worked with Ferguson Township Public Works personnel to minimize road salt application in the vicinity of Wellfield 5 to prevent adverse impacts to groundwater quality.
- Provided significant input on the Ferguson Township Stormwater Management and Wellhead Protection ordinances.
- Conducted pilot testing of water treatment technologies at Wellfield 4 for future consideration of additional treatment capacity if and when deemed necessary.
- Financially contributed to conserve Musser gap and also purchased conservation easements for the Everhart and Meyer dairy properties.